What is a Smart City and what are its benefits?
The Smart City is a global trend in the use of technologies for innovation, development of communities, and improvement of its citizens’ quality of life; and it is mainly oriented towards sustainability.
Benefits of a Smart City
The good integrated use of new technologies enhances the growth and development of communities. Some of its benefits are:
- It favours social development as it offers many spheres to innovate, create new businesses and generate ideas.
- It reduces government’s public expenditures aimed at the correct management of public services.
- It offers quality and efficient services thanks to an adequate management of processes.
- It allows to easily identify the city’s needs and to plan successfully complementary services to support citizens.
- It improves local administrations’ transparency by providing citizens with real-time information, thus empowering them.