If you find electrical wiring installations in poor condition, you should follow these recommendations:
- If such electrical wiring is on the street or in abandoned areas, contact the electric power company so that they can solve the electrical connection problem.
- If such electrical wiring is in your property, turn off the power supply from the main distribution panel to prevent serious accidents. If you are experiencing problems with the distribution panel, contact a specialised electrician or the fire department.
- Do not strip electrical wires with a knife or other unsuitable tools. You may damage them and allow electric current to pass through. Use a set of tools such as pliers and cutters with proper insulation.
- Use a neon test light. If possible, use a neon test light or a multimeter to verify that there is no presence of electricity where repairs are being made. Do not do this type of work barefoot.
- Make sure to tighten the contacts with screws and an appropriate screwdriver.
- Use a suitable tape to join the electrical cables or wires.
- Keep your hands dry when using any tool, do not wear rings or any other metallic object that may conduct electricity, and make sure that all the tools have a silicone handle to prevent any electrical problem.
Do not forget to follow these recommendations, as they will help you to prevent serious accidents. If you do not have enough knowledge to solve these contingencies, please contact experts to perform the repair works.