How do I calculate my electricity consumption?
Based on the previous information, we will help you calculate the monthly consumption of all your home appliances. For example, the monthly energy consumption of a 120W TV, which is turned on for 5 hours every day, would be calculated as follows:
Tips to save electricity
Enel Distribución Perú gives you some tips to achieve a smart electricity consumption, thereby helping the environment and your wallet.
- Take advantage of natural light.
- Use energy-efficient or LED light bulbs.
- Turn off the lights when you are not using them.
- Turn it on only when you are ready to use it.
- Wait for your clothes to be dry before ironing.
- Make sure to close the door well in order to avoid the cold from escaping.
- Defrost your refrigerator if it starts to create layers of frost.
- Do not put hot food or beverages inside your refrigerator; wait for them to cool down.
- If possible, open the refrigerator only when you need to take something out.
- Turn it on one hour before using it; then turn it off or use a timer.
- Make sure it works properly by maintaining it once a year.
- Before using it, defrost your food naturally.
- Close its door after using it.
- Chop your food so they heat up faster.
- Use the sleep function to turn it off automatically.
- Before buying a TV, remember LED TVs consume less energy.
- If possible, use all its capacity when washing.
- Maintain it every 6 months.
Consider these tips:
- Buy home appliances that are marked with an energy-efficient label.
- Replace your old home appliances, as they consume more electricity.
- Save electricity by unplugging all the home appliances you are not using.
- Remember that the home appliances that produce heat consume more electricity (microwave oven, iron, water heater). Use them with restraint.