On 28 June, Enel Distribución Perú’s market team, led by Andrés Ciudad Campos, conducted a talk entitled “Safety on Shared Electrical Structures” in order to train operational staff from telecommunications enterprises ―our customers― on electrical safety. The attendants received the necessary information to work with caution when installing electrical systems. Likewise, electrical hazards and the description of electrical installations were explained using examples based on Peruvian electrical regulations, highlighting the importance of safety when working on shared-use public structures. These talks, which started in 2017, are part of the activities Enel Peru performs in order to create a culture of prevention on electrical incidents. As a socially responsible company, Enel Peru believes that taking care of people’s lives and physical well-being is a responsibility shared with the society.
Enel Generación Perú and Enel Generación Piura conducts technical and commercial induction talks aimed at new Free Customers so as to inform them about the most important aspects of the energy sector such as:
- Energy market (value chain, sector agents).
- Supervision Procedure for the Implementation and Performance of Protection Schemes for Automatic Load Rejection and Generation- ERCG (Resolution No. 489-2008-OS/CD)
- Responsibilities to meet as a new customer.
- Procedure COES No. 16 (Rationing due to Demand Deficit)
- Procedure COES No. 40 (Procedure to Apply Section 3.5 of NTCSE)
- Process and customer’s responsibilities regarding the analysis of events, compensations to customers through the application of NTCSE.
- Monthly billing.