Lima, April 9th, 2019.- Perú has been chosen to be the first Latin American country to host the immersive multimedia exhibit «Da Vinci Experience», undertaken by the Italian corporation Crossmedia, and curated by Roberta Barsanti, Director of the Leonardino de Vinci Museum (the small town near Florence where the Tuscan genius was born). The exhibit will open its doors from April 9th until June 8th of 2019, as part of a global agenda to commemorate 500 years of the passing of the wise polymath Leonardo da Vinci.
The exhibit will be carried out in the Kuélap Hall of the Ministry of Culture, located in the San Borja district, covering an area of over 900 square meters. The entrance will be completely free of charge to the general public, Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 to 17:30h.
Features of the «Da Vinci Experience» exhibit:
Leonardo da Vinci symbolises the peak of the golden era of the Italian culture: the «Rinascimento» (Reinassance). Along with several remarkable people, da Vinci embodied the anthropocentric ambitions of humanism. During his life, Leonardo was a painter, architect, sculptor, town planner, engineer, poet, anatomist, musician and much more. After his death, his art became legendary and his persona a universal symbol of human genius.
Under an innovative format, the «Da Vinci Experience» aims to emotionally involve a young and adult audience, making use of their amazement and astonishment as a path to learn about the life and work of the artist and his insatiable thirst for knowledge. To achieve this, the participants will go through an emotional journey divided into three stages:
- Immersion Zone: The heart of the sensory journey. In here, hundreds of pictures will be projected in every angle onto the floor and walls, forming a continuous loop that will tell a story never heard before, with around 35 minutes of duration, and coupled with an envolving and fascinating original soundtrack
- .Machine Zone: The infographics and video installations of the exhibit will come to life through 10 life-sized models of Leonardo da Vinci’s machines. These have been meticulously put together by expert Italian artisans of the OMPSI, following the original plans and designs of Leonardo da Vinci.
- Virtual Reality Zone: Last but not least, the exhibit will include eight virtual reality stations, in which participants will be able to use the Da Vinci VR Experience App and enter The Tank, designed by Leonardo, and interact with its mechanics, sail on the Paddle Boat, and fly over a magnificent renaissance Florence on the Aerial Screw and The Ornithopter.
It is also worth mentioning that the Ministry of Culture will join the exhibit by showcasing the historical parallelism of the main edifications and elements used by the Incas during the time of Leonardo da Vinci, such as the Sacsayhuamán Fortress and the Quipu, within the room «Inca Experience 2.0».
This will be an interactive space which will allow participants to see and touch objects from the Incan era (mainly ceramics), incorporating them to the interactive space through the employment of several technological pieces of equipment provided by the Ministry of Culture, such as augmented reality glasses and a holographic pyramid.
About the organizers:
The exhibit is sponsored and supported by the Peruvian Ministry of Culture, the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Italian Embassy, the Istituto Italiano di Cultura, and Enel Perú; as a demonstration of their commitment to the development and promotion of education, culture and technology within the Peruvian society.
Finally, the South American Tour of the «Da Vinci Experience» exhibit, undertaken by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Enel Perú, will continue on Chile (July and August of 2019), Argentina (September and November of 2019), Brasil (late 2019 and early 2020), and Colombia (2020).
DA VINCI EXPERIENCE
- Venue: Kuélap Hall (2nd floor) of the Ministry of Culture.
- Address: Javier Prado Este 2456, San Borja, 15021 - Lima, Perú.
- Date: April 9th to June 8th of 2019
- Business hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 to 17:30h
- Capacity: Limited to 80 participants per circuit
- Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org | #DaVinciPeru
Enel S.p.A. provides for the dissemination to the public of regulated information by using SDIR NIS, managed by BIt Market Services, a London Stock Exchange Group's company, with registered office at Milan, Piazza degli Affari, 6. For the storage of regulated information made available to the public, Enel S.p.A. has adhered, as from July 1st, 2015 to the authorized mechanism denominated “NIS-Storage”, available at the address www.emarketstorage.com, managed by the above mentioned BIt Market Services S.p.A. and authorized by CONSOB with the resolution No. 19067 of November 19th, 2014. From May 19th 2014 to June 30th 2015 Enel S.p.A. used the authorized mechanism for the storage of regulated information denominated “1Info”, available at the address www.1info.it, managed by Computershare S.p.A. with registered office in Milan and authorized by CONSOB with resolution No. 18852 of April 9th, 2014