- The company is carrying out a preventive plan for New Year’s Eve, which includes permanent network monitoring from the Control Center and 24-hour emergency squad patrolling.
Lima, December 28th, 2018. - In view of the increased use of fireworks, Enel Distribución Perú called upon its customers not to affect electricity networks during New Year's celebrations as their physical wellbeing may be jeopardized and major power outages may occur in their districts, affecting the celebrations of thousands of families in Lima and Callao.
The company regretted the recent case where some people cause a major blackout on the streets, as reported by the media. It explained that this is one of many cases that occur during this time of the year. It therefore reiterated the need not to burn objects or light fireworks close to any electrical infrastructure.
“We are carrying out a preventive plan to guarantee the electricity service during this time of the year; however, it is essential for everyone to join efforts to prevent setbacks. We call upon all our customers not to light fireworks close to local electricity infrastructure or networks. On our side, we are constantly monitoring the network from our Control Center and have emergency crews patrolling our concession area 24 hours a day,” said Julio Antúnez, representative of Enel Distribución Perú.
The company put forward the following recommendations to the population:
- Do not light fireworks under power cables to prevent damaging them.
- Do not touch or grab fallen overhead cables.
- Do not burn dummies, tires, chairs, cardboard and mattresses against pole foundations.
- Do not get fire close to overhead networks as the insulation or cable may be damaged.
- Do not make makeshift connections to light the street as you may receive an electrical discharge.
Enel S.p.A. provides for the dissemination to the public of regulated information by using SDIR NIS, managed by BIt Market Services, a London Stock Exchange Group's company, with registered office at Milan, Piazza degli Affari, 6. For the storage of regulated information made available to the public, Enel S.p.A. has adhered, as from July 1st, 2015 to the authorized mechanism denominated “NIS-Storage”, available at the address www.emarketstorage.com, managed by the above mentioned BIt Market Services S.p.A. and authorized by CONSOB with the resolution No. 19067 of November 19th, 2014. From May 19th 2014 to June 30th 2015 Enel S.p.A. used the authorized mechanism for the storage of regulated information denominated “1Info”, available at the address www.1info.it, managed by Computershare S.p.A. with registered office in Milan and authorized by CONSOB with resolution No. 18852 of April 9th, 2014