- Fires by short-circuit are very common at this time of the year.
- The company is executing a prevention plan that includes an increased number of emergency squads and inspections in strategic areas such as Mesa Redonda.
Lima, 11 December 2017. Enel Distribución Perú recommended citizens to adopt electricity safety measures on Christmas and New Year holidays in order to prevent fires and accidents caused by short-circuits, which are very common at this time of the year. In addition, it announced that a prevention plan is being executed to reduce risks related to power supply to the minimum.
“We are carrying out a prevention plan involving an increased number of emergency squads, coordination with local authorities and permanent inspections to the electrical infrastructure of our concession area, mainly in strategic areas such as Mesa Redonda, hospitals, public institutions, among others”, stated Riccardo Lama, Head of Infrastructure and Networks of Enel Distribución Perú.
These actions will complement the monitoring work performed by the company from the Control Centre during 24 hours by day along the year. The recommended electrical safety measures are the following:
- Do not overload power outlets with many plugs.
- Christmas lights are to be placed indoors, because they are not designed for external use.
- Have a competent electrician check all the electrical installations.
- Do not build the nativities scenes using flammable materials or near power outlets.
- Do not let wires on the ground, as somebody might stumble over it or receive an electrical discharge due to faults in the insulation.
- Do not repair electrical installations if you are not duly qualified for it.
- Do not hang illuminated signs or Christmas ornaments on Enel’s power poles and installations.
- Do not make prohibited connections to receive electricity from public lighting.
- Change the conventional switches for thermomagnetic switches.
- Check the electrical earthing points of your installations.
Enel S.p.A. provides for the dissemination to the public of regulated information by using SDIR NIS, managed by BIt Market Services, a London Stock Exchange Group's company, with registered office at Milan, Piazza degli Affari, 6. For the storage of regulated information made available to the public, Enel S.p.A. has adhered, as from July 1st, 2015 to the authorized mechanism denominated “NIS-Storage”, available at the address www.emarketstorage.com, managed by the above mentioned BIt Market Services S.p.A. and authorized by CONSOB with the resolution No. 19067 of November 19th, 2014. From May 19th 2014 to June 30th 2015 Enel S.p.A. used the authorized mechanism for the storage of regulated information denominated “1Info”, available at the address www.1info.it, managed by Computershare S.p.A. with registered office in Milan and authorized by CONSOB with resolution No. 18852 of April 9th, 2014