Enel’s company was among the sponsoring institutions committed to climate change.
Lima, 18 December 2014 – In recognition of the environmental performance of natural/legal or private/public institutions, the Peruvian Ministry of Environment (MINAM) granted yesterday the National Environmental Awards 2014 to winners in seven categories:
- Environmental Citizenship
- Environmental Education
- Journalism and Publications
- Environmental Research - COP20-IDB Distinction
- Climate Change Management (which includes the Good Practices contest)
- Biodiversity and Eco-efficiency Management
“This award has a twofold purpose: it is both a recognition for those who have worked to adopt good environmental practices and a way to encourage the viewer and user to look up to those outstanding performances”, explained Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, holder of the Environment award.
Hundreds of Attendees
The event was held at the Voces por el Clima Park, the most suitable space to honour the more than 530 participants in this edition, 76% of which came from different Peruvian provinces, while the remaining 24% were from Lima.
Money prizes amounted to 130 thousand soles in total, thanks to the support of cooperating agents and private companies committed to environmental responsibility, such as Enel Distribución Perú, Universidad Científica del Sur and La República Newspaper.
It should be noted that the Environmental Research Award - COP20-IDB Distinction highlights the importance of scientific research for decision-making on public policies.
Enel S.p.A. provides for the dissemination to the public of regulated information by using SDIR NIS, managed by BIt Market Services, a London Stock Exchange Group's company, with registered office at Milan, Piazza degli Affari, 6. For the storage of regulated information made available to the public, Enel S.p.A. has adhered, as from July 1st, 2015 to the authorized mechanism denominated “NIS-Storage”, available at the address www.emarketstorage.com, managed by the above mentioned BIt Market Services S.p.A. and authorized by CONSOB with the resolution No. 19067 of November 19th, 2014. From May 19th 2014 to June 30th 2015 Enel S.p.A. used the authorized mechanism for the storage of regulated information denominated “1Info”, available at the address www.1info.it, managed by Computershare S.p.A. with registered office in Milan and authorized by CONSOB with resolution No. 18852 of April 9th, 2014